Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love is Sweet and so is Gelato!!

It was the summer of 1976. I had rode my bicycle to the beach with a friend to enjoy the cool Mediterranean waters. When it was time to go home, we realized we had a flat tire, and called my cousin for help. He came to pick us up with a friend who had a car. That friend was Yalcin, a tall skinny guy with long wavy hair and green eyes...

We loaded the bike in the trunk, and I was buckling up in the backseat I noticed Yalcin was adjusting his rear-view-mirror, so he could have a better view of me :) The entire way home, I blushed and held my breath under his gaze, and that was the day we fell in love.

I can't even remember how many valentines days we have celebrated together since that day; but I can now say that love becomes all the more sweet in time, and as we see what our love has created:
Above all, our beautiful daughters who have each become such passionate, strong and loving woman...
And our small gelato shop which demands just as much love and hard-work as raising a child.

And with that love we have created these special flavors for Valentines:

Casanova - because it all starts with a little flirting,
Rose - because it is the symbol of valentines,
Dark Chocolate - For all the bitter sweet memories, and
Blackberry Merlot - A Northwest twist on romance, as we have an abundance of delicious berries and wines

Please come and celebrate Valentines with us :)

Sevim

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet love story. Very light and hear warming. I like the description that grabs readers’ attention and interest. I hope you cherish these memories in future as well.

    ReplyDelete